top of page

ADOBE MOUNTAIN SPEEDWAY  KART "Border Wars" RACE NIGHT

Saturday May 4, 2024  

Pre-Race Notes 

MAY   THE    4 TH

First leg of the Border Wars Trilogy

3 race points series:

  • Adobe Mountain Speedway    May 4th    

  • Verde Valley Raceway.             June 8th  

  • Kart Kanyon Speedway.           July 20th  

Classes….Open and Superstock Heavy 

$2000 to the points champions

(TBD on the registration cost for Border Wars) 

12:00 gates open

1:00 - 3:45 Kart Registration

3:00 - 3:45 Practice 1

4:00pm  Drivers Mtg

4:15 - 5:00 Practice 2

4:30 - 5:00 Late Reg  (no practice - tag heats) 

5:15 - 6:15 Heats

6:30 - 7:30 B-Mains

8:00 - 9:30 A-Mains

B-Mains for each class with 8 or more karts

(the top 25% will transfer directly to the A-Main but the other 75% will race for their starting position in the A-Main) 

AZ Predator 212 Payout Classes: 

$10 Entry Fee 

Awards provided by AdobeMountainSpeedway

PAYOUTS BASED ON KART COUNT 

212 Open, SS Heavy, SS Light, Sealed

(2024 Rules as listed on AMS Website) 

15+     finishers  1st $100 2nd $70 3rd $60  4th $40  5th $30 

10-14  finishers  1st $100 2nd $60 3rd $40

6-9   finishers  1st $80 2nd $40

3-5   finishers   1st $60

  • 212 Opens 

  • 212 SuperStock Heavy 365 lbs

  • 212 SuperStock Light   300 lbs 

  • 212 Sealed 

AZ Predator 212 NonPayout Classes: 

$0 Entry Fee 

Awards provided by AdobeMountainSpeedway

  • Unsealed (Same rules as 2023) ​

  • Womens  (engines up to SS specs, no min weight) 

  • Old-Timers (engines up to SS specs, no min weight) 

JR KARTS 

$10 Entry Fee 

Awards Provided by Kids for Karts Racing 

  • Racer (age 6-12 Sealed engine rules, plus a subcategory for Rookies) ​

  • 212 SuperStock Jr 265 lbs 

*Karts for Kids Racer format 

3 structured practice sessions

2 heats​

B-Main 

A-Main (rookies must qualify) 

AZ Outlaws 

$0 Entry Fee

Awards Provided by Chaparral Glass 

  • BoxStock 

  • Beginner BoxStock (if >3 entries) 

AZ Champ Karts:

$0 Entry Fee:

Awards Provided by AZ Champ Karts 

Wingless Jr Sprints

$10 Entry Fee:

Awards provided by Dennis Klein 

All karts must have 8” numbers mounted on each side with contrasting background.​

Most KARTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HAVE A TRANSPONDER

Opens and SS Heavy may be required to run a transponder (bring them if you have them) 
ALL DRIVERS EXCEPT Karts for Kids Rookies are REQUIRED TO HAVE RACEIVERS

ALL DRIVERS  are REQUIRED TO HAVEAND APPROPRIATE PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT AT ALL TIMES
MYRACEPASS WILL BE USED FOR REGISTRATION AND PILL DRAW

SCALES WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR WEIGHING

General Admission: Ages 13 & up $10, 5-12 $5, 4 & Under Free
Pit Pass: Participants (any age) and Adults/Mechanics/Helpers Ages 13 & Up $40. 
                Ages 5 to 12 (non-drivers) $15, and Ages 4 & Under Free.
                (Minors must have a 2023 minor release on file) 

bottom of page